Thursday, February 13, 2014

Dark Heart Forever by Lee Monroe


Dark Heart Forever by Lee Monroe
1st book to the Dark Heart Series
Cover rating: 4.5 out of 5
Writing style: 4 out of 5
Story: 4.5 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5

   Dark Heart Forever is a really good book. It has a little bit of Twilight-esque in it, and as a huge fan of Twilight, I honestly liked this book. It's a very good novel and I always end up squealing or giggling every time I pick up the book. I swear that you stomach will be filled with butterflies and your heart will do cartwheels because of the cuteness of the guys. Especially Evan who is on the cliche side of the story. He's a smooth-talker and whatnot. Nonetheless, I really liked the love triangle in this book even though it doesn't really have that "impact" on me. I don't know maybe it's just me. Or maybe the fact that the story is too predictable. I've already predicted what would happen or the answers behind the mystery. It's mind-boggling, yes, but not that much. I find the story very cute; if I'm going to categorize this book in it's genre, it'll probably contemporary and fiction, a mix of those two. I know that's not possible but this book takes place between two worlds, and that really cool, is it not? A quick and easy read. If you're into romance and fiction but you like the love story to stand out more, then this book is definitely perfect for you. But it'll give a little synopsis about it.

   Jane just had her 16th birthday when weird things started showing up, in her dreams and in reality. She is the loner-type of girl who doesn't want any friends and isolate herself from everyone except her family until she met this guy who just moved-in in their town, not just a guy; a gorgeous and hot guy. But she also sees another guy in her dreams, a very innocent, sweet and adorable guy (he's my fave btw). So yeah, the story will revolve around discovering more about these two mysterious guys that she'll fall in love with. About the secrets of the past and how this past affected the future. It has mythical creatures in it, another dystopian world and many stones unturned. I recommend this to people who likes Twilight! So here's for the non-spoiler part, if you haven't read this yet don't continue reading!

    Soooo, how to start this. . . Have you screamed and squealed all the way throughout the book? Because I did! Especially with Luca!!! Omg he is such a cutie! I love how he holds himself back just because of the stupid Nissilum rules, but because of those rules the story got even cuter! I feel like he's always reminding himself to not fall in love but the more he keeps himself from falling the more the loves Jane more. That's so adorable~ At first I hated it because why would he hold his feelings back! It's already obvious like duh? He obviously likes her. And Jane is so stupid not to see that, she's too blind to see that she's not in the friendzone. But Luca is putting her in the friendzone like I laugh every time he does that! Jane will be like "Oh Luca, I missed you" and then Luca will just shrug it off as if he doesn't miss her back. Luca is so innocent and adorable and so different compared to Evan which pretty much balances everything because of the contrast of characters in the love triangle. Evan is a smooth-talker, sweet and knows he's way around girls. I found it annoying but sweet as well. I didn't like Evan at all, while reading this book I'm all in for Luca, but I felt kinda sad for Evan (when I didn't know he was Raphael) because he's being cheated on by Jane. Jane obviously likes Luca but he's still considering Evan as a boyfriend, or as an option every time Luca is not around. Evan who clearly doesn't have idea that he's just an option (I THOUGHT HE DOESN'T) and act so sweet, kind and understanding to Jane made me side to Evan a little. At first I felt like Luca doesn't even like to be with Jane just because of the rules that he needs to abide. I hated how Luca doesn't say anything sweet but I was still screaming my lungs out every time he makes simple gestures that are sweet like holding Jane's hands and stuff like that. I'm team Luca all the way, yep.

   I kinda knew that the notebook belongs to her mom. I don't know what gave off the clue, maybe because her mom was too paranoid about Jane sleepwalking during the night. I figured maybe Jane's mom also experienced these kind of events that why she's so worried, I think that's what gave her off. I wasn't surprised at all when she admitted that she wrote the entries in the journal and I knew that Gabriel was the person she's talking about in the journal. Those were the only things that I figured out. But with Evan, I have no idea that he's Raphael, I swear I don't. I just found him very mysterious because he doesn't open up like Luca does or give real answers to Jane. Like every time Jane ask him a personal question he'll just say something just to shrug off the question. I knew that there's something fishy about him. I thought that he was a vampire because of the mark in his neck. I was like "Oh okay, vampires and werewolves." but it wasn't like that at all, he was an angel turned into somethings evil. I hated how he just slaps Jane like that, it broke me so much because he was so gentle with her, so sweet, I can't believe that he can do that. I blame the misleading statements on the cover "Two loves. One deadly choice." I thought that two guys would actually LOVE her, like real love but it's not. Maybe the deadly choice would give justification for the first sentence but still. I didn't saw that one coming. Evan was the one who tortured Jane from the start-- with that damn Sarah Emerson ruining Jane's life-- he already planned everything out to ruin Jane's life. The last chapters were the hardest because I trusted Evan.

   The ending was pretty good if you ask me even though it's so cliche for Evan to just leave and surrender like that. But I liked how Lowe helped Jane and Luca, I thought he was the antagonist of the story; he just scares the heck out of me. The ending was cute with Luca and Jane kissing (AT LAST) and saying things that they'll wait for things to be better and for people to accept them, that's just soooo cute it made my heart happy! I already want to start on the second book but I need to have a copy of Dark Heart Surrender first which isn''t available in our local bookstores which really sucks because I just want to know what will happen because the first book's ending is like a good way to end the book, a stand-alone novel. I honestly think that if Dark Heart Forever doesn't have a sequel I'd be fine with the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment