Monday, April 7, 2014

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi


Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
2nd book to the Shatter Me Series
Cover rating: 5 out of 5
Writing style: 5 out of 5
Story: 5 out of 5
Overall: 5 out of 5

   Hey guys! So I've been thinking a lot lately that maybe I should change the way I write my reviews because 1) I always write a long review that seems so boring 2) I want to be elaborate on making these reviews just because I want to give justice the the book 3) So that I can somewhat make sense when talking about the book. I know that I've written a lot of reviews and it's kinda late to change the way I blog.  Nonetheless, I'd still try and I hope you'll like it better now! 

  I've reread Unravel Me because I want to refresh the story in my head. I've waited for a year, a YEAR for Ignite Me which is the last book of the trilogy. So in a year of course I've already read a lot of books so yeah, I thought maybe rereading this book would help me a lot in reading Ignite Me and it did! I think that Tahereh Mafi will never fail to surprise me every time I'm going to reread her books. I don't know why but even though I know that this certain 'plot twist' will happen I will still end up freaking out. I'm not even joking. She has that special power and maybe Tahereh Mafi belongs to the Omega Point or something and she's hiding it from us, I'm pretty positive about that. Anyway, I enjoyed reading this book A LOT. I always find myself laughing at Kenji, LIKE SERIOUSLY, hahaha he's hilarious okay. He's probably my favorite character in the series. There's also parts in this book that makes me scream my lungs out. It is totally action-packed and not the kind of book that only focuses on the love story. You'll be aware that there's a lot of things going on despite the fact that those sweet and intimate moments are just around the corner or on every chapter of the book (CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO!!). P.S Please read the Destroy Me novella first before reading Unravel Me.

SYNOPSIS (Shatter Me):
  So Shatter Me is about Juliette who've been imprisoned for 264 days. She have been sentenced to be locked to prison because of her power. Her power that is completely lethal that just a touch of her fingertip could kill you in a minute. She haven't touched, talked or seen a human being for almost a year until someone entered her cell. And that's where the story begins. Ever since Adam stepped into her, every thing changed. She'll get to know more about her power and learn how to open her heart for someone. 

RECOMMENDATION:
  I highly recommend this series to the people who likes Dystopian novels. There is a handful of plot twists in this book that will literally blow your mind. Tahereh Mafi is a great writer her writing style is phenomenal. She know how to manipulate your brain into believing things that you shouldn't. Anyone would like this book and I'm not lying because anyone would really love this. I was scared to read Shatter Me before because it has a lot of bad reviews but as you move on to reading the books you'll find yourself being attached to the world of Juliette. If you like X-Men (really!), or maybe you're into people with awesome and kick-ass super powers then you should definitely try this trilogy! The love triangle will tear your heart into two. In Unravel Me, you'll be sorry for both of the guys who are in love with Juliette. I found myself crying between the chapters, crying my heart out for the guy or the other. I am a HUGE FAN of love triangles and this is probably one of the best triangle, yet. 

REVIEW ABOUT UNRAVEL ME:
{ Without Spoilers // but if you haven't read Shatter Me then please don't continue }

  • Juliette really progressed as a protagonist in this book. And you'll really see the development and changes that she'll have throughout the book. The book basically started off as Juliette literally being a rock at Omega Point-- she's anti-social and always isolate herself from people-- but she'll grow into something more than that. Even though she haven't really improved into the epic character I've always wanted her to be but I can see her molding herself into that. And I loved it. 
  • The battle scenes are so cool. It is so action-packed. You won't see a dull chapter in this book, I swear. Each page contains words that wouldn't let you put the book down. I've spent the whole day reading this and I literally stayed up until 4am just to finish the book. Every time Juliette plunges into battle she's so kick-ass and the people at Omega Point are really supportive to her. They are so kind and I really appreciate that~
  • The relationship of Adam and Juliette gets more complicated. I sometimes find myself getting all depressed for Adam. I don't know how to talk about them without spoiling you guys so I'll stop. But you should expect to be sad for Adam, that's for sure. + You'll be surprised to know why Adam can touch Juliette.
  • Warner!!! *freaks out a little or maybe a lot* I love you okay!! For all of the people who loves Warner. Get ready because you'll have a heart attack at Chapter Sixty-Two (oh hail the legendary chapter). To be honest, there are times wherein I'll read the book just for the sake of seeing Warner. Have you ever felt that before? I always miss Warner that's why I sometimes squeal every time I see his name! Team Warner 5ever! + You'll also be surprised to know why Warner can touch Juliette!!! *flips the table* 
  • You'll meet a lot of characters at Omega Point which you'll surely love. I know that Kenji already showed up in Shatter Me as an annoying guy who crashed the peace at Adam's house but in Unravel Me you'll get to love him and laugh at his jokes. Plus, there are also some people that you'll meet and you'll definitely love. 
{ With Spoilers // but if you haven't read Unravel Me then please don't continue }
  • Let me just start off by saying that I freaking love Warner!! I love him so much that I literally want to fold myself between the pages of the book and hoping that I'd get to put myself inside the world where Warner can be physically touched. He's an adorable creature, aaah! Oh my glob, I don't even know where to start! Talking about Warner makes my brain go all over the place, so now I'm obviously just blabbering. Anyway, here are my favorite parts with Warner in it:
1) I am looking forward to seeing Warner in this book that I just want to flip through the pages and stop whenever I see his name. I can't help but smile on his first appearance in this book (leaving aside the cctv cameras), wherein Juliette was in the "raid" mission and then she saw a dog go to Warner's side and she was so afraid for the dog because she thinks Warner would kill it but then Warner picked it up!!! THAT WAS JUST TOO MUCH! I've read this scene in Destroy Me but reading it on Juliette perspective I can't help but feel fluttery inside. Warner is an angel. 
2)  That part when Anderson told Juliette that he wants to kill her because Warner loves her, that part was just sick, okay. Anderson is crazy. Warner was so helpless that time, I found myself itching to hug him. When Anderson called Warner in to see Juliette. His eyes became the  perfect definition pain *dies a little inside*. The way Juliette described the way Warner looked at her was too much that I screamed because I literally felt what Warner felt through Juliette's description. You see how impossible that is but Warner made it possible? To say how much the person feels just by looking at them is so hard. Juliette said that "He's making no efforts to hide his emotions from me." And with that I felt tears streaming down on my face. I want to hug Warner so much it hurts. *cries*
3) I was so glad to know that Warner was held hostage at Omega Point, I want him to be with Juliette all the time that I wished Juliette would never leave his room. Every time they're together makes my heart happy, like literally. They exchanges stories, get to know each other, showing tattoos that makes me crazy *coughs* Warner *coughs* and just chilling out. Those part where they talk about themselves is probably the most normal thing that happened in the series. They're like a couple of teenagers hanging out, you know? 
4) OH MY GLOB @ CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO. You guys have no idea how their intimate scene made me go crazy that my parent's nearly thought that I am literally going crazy. Warner kissed her as if his life depends on it, as if he'd been waiting for this moment to happen for the longest time (and that's the truth). I was gasping for air while reading this chapter. Warner was like "I'm so-- I'm so desperately in love with you--" IN A FREAKING SHAKY WHISPER. YOU GUYS! How can I contain the feels?! I was so happy with the way things are going, I was so happy until Juliette said "Adam" when Warner asked her to call his name, Aaron!!! YOU JULIETTE YOU STUPID STUPID UGH, why do you have to ruin the amazing, wonderful moment?! I hate you!  When someone tells you to say their name, you have to freaking say it, okay?!
 5) Warner is an angel, and I'm not going to get tired of saying this because he is. I want to die when he was being so desperate in saving Juliette! When he saw that Anderson shot her he immediately ran to her side and cried and cried and when he pulled himself together he literally freaked out and BEGGED!!! HE BEGGED!!! He begged for the girls to save Juliette using his powers and I AM DYING. I love Warner so so so so much. *cries*
  •  Let's talk about Adam next. I don't know how to feel sad for him right now because I've already read Ignite Me and Destroy Me, but I'll try to recall what I felt for him. I honestly felt sad for this guy. I really did. He was so desperate to have Juliette back. I talked to Juliette (I talked to a book, that's completely normal, okay?) and yelled at her "Why can't you just tell Adam you love him and get back with him!!!" It's pretty obvious that Juliette still loves him despite their break-up, right? I don't understand why she has to push him away. (but of course I'm glad she pushed him away *evil laughs*)
  • Anderson is sick. I don't know how he had an angel for a child when he's Satan himself.  He tried to kill Juliette two freaking times! He deserves to die. I wish Juliette shot him on their first meeting but I know that would be absolutely idiotic. I'm glad that Kenji stopped her. If I were Juliette I would've done the same thing. I would've just killed Anderson right away not thinking about the consequences. But anyway, I just want to point out he Anderson is the sickest man alive.
  • I was so mind blown when Adam said that Anderson is his dad!! The first thing that came to my mind when he said that is: "If Anderson is his dad then Warner is his............ brother?" and I was like: "Okay if that is not messed up I don't know what is." I was so shocked okay! I didn't see that one coming. I pitied Juliette in that case even more because she loves two guys that are related by blood, but a part of me laughed at the thought. 
  • When I also knew what Adam's power is I died inside. He's at his weakest when he's with Juliette and I can't help but feel sad for the guy. He loves her so much, that he was desperate in telling her that he'll practice how to handle his powers just to be with her. I want to hug him and give my shoulders for him to cry on. However, Warner's on the other hand is like a jackpot to him. I think he has the coolest powers out of all the people in Omega Point. I know that Kenji's power is cool but Warner can get his powers, too. HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE WARNER? And I was so happy to know that he feels so happy whenever he touches Juliette. I can't help but smile knowing that he feels that way. Thank you Tahereh Mafi for loving Warner. 
  • I liked this book a lot because Juliette became stronger and her thoughts became stronger as well. She faces the battles like she's the owns it! She was scared at first when she was going to see Anderson but on their second meeting she was so determined to kill him and I was like "You go, girl!". I loved the way she developed as the character that I've always wanted her to be. I can't wait to see how she'll improve on the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment