Friday, April 11, 2014

Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi


Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
Last book to the Shatter Me Trilogy
Cover rating: 5 out of 5
Writing style: 5 out of 5
Story: 5 out of 5
Overall: 5 out of 5
   
   Talking about Ignite Me tears my heart into two because I loved this series so much that I don't want it to end. It is the last book in the trilogy and I can't help but feel so depressed about it. I've been dreaded to read this book for the longest time and I only got to finish it last March, I think? I didn't want to make a book review about this for it kills me a little inside and I'm afraid that I might now say things that I want to say. A part of me already died when I've finished reading the book. I honestly enjoyed reading this book. I've reread Unravel Me before digging into this one; I already forgot what happened and I'm happy that I did reread the second book because it gave me a little time to prepare myself emotionally and mentally that I am, indeed, going to put an end to the series. Writing this book pains me a lot but Tahereh Mafi's books should be praised a lot. 

  I've read this book in 5 hours! After staying up the night before to finish Unravel Me, I finally managed to read this. I was planning to start on reading Ignite Me after reading the second book but it was already 4am so as a human being I forced myself to sleep because I need that-- not more than I need Ignite Me, though. I couldn't put the book down, literally. I was reading on my bed I'm like rolling on it because of the giddiness I feel inside. Tahereh Mafi didn't disappoint her readers and I really love her for that. She concluded the trilogy very well and I couldn't as for a better ending but an epilogue wouldn't hurt! I found myself crying many times not because I am sad but because I am extremely happy that the only way to let it out is through crying. I am so satisfied with the ending, the series of events and the battle scenes. It is beyond amazing! I was honestly torn between Adam and Warner. I didn't read Fracture Me first because I know that I'm going to need something to read after finishing Ignite Me and when I read Adam's POV the other day, I can't help but get so pissed off about it. I'm not going to say much because I'm going to leave that for you to judge.

SYNOPSIS (Shatter Me):
  So Shatter Me is about Juliette who've been imprisoned for 264 days. She have been sentenced to be locked to prison because of her power. Her power that is completely lethal that just a touch of her fingertip could kill you in a minute. She haven't touched, talked or seen a human being for almost a year until someone entered her cell. And that's where the story begins. Ever since Adam stepped into her, every thing changed. She'll get to know more about her power and learn how to open her heart for someone. 

RECOMMENDATION:
  I highly recommend this series to the people who likes Dystopian novels. There is a handful of plot twists in this book that will literally blow your mind. Tahereh Mafi is a great writer her writing style is phenomenal. She know how to manipulate your brain into believing things that you shouldn't. Anyone would like this book and I'm not lying because anyone would really love this. I was scared to read Shatter Me before because it has a lot of bad reviews but as you move on to reading the books you'll find yourself being attached to the world of Juliette. If you like X-Men (really!), or maybe you're into people with awesome and kick-ass super powers then you should definitely try this trilogy! The love triangle will tear your heart into two. I sometimes find myself crying between the chapters, crying my heart out for the guy or the other. I am a HUGE FAN of love triangles and this is probably one of the best triangle, yet. 

REVIEW ABOUT IGNITE ME: 
{ Without Spoilers // but if you haven't read the Unravel Me then please don't continue }

  • In Ignite Me, you'll basically see how Juliette develops as a kick-ass protagonist. I've always pictured her to be this way and I can't help but squeal every time she does something that surprises me. She becomes the character that can lead people, fight for herself and all of her fears are all gone. The line "Fear will learn to fear me." is pretty much the summary of the whole book. On the first book she's really scared about everything and can't stand up for herself and finally in this book she changed a whole lot, I am so proud for Juliette. The way Tahereh Mafi showed us that Juliette really stopped being pessimistic about everything is clearly visible and obvious. Her thoughts flow as if nothing could ever stop her and Juliette doesn't strike-through her words anymore. I AM SO HAPPY FOR JULIETTE!
  • Team Warner and Team Adam people will finally get their answers. To be honest, I don't know who to pick at first but as I got to know these guys, I've realized that my love for Warner ever since never faded and it will always overshadow Adam no matter what. Through Ignite Me, Juliette will finally shatter the walls that Warner created around him for 19 years, and I can't help but feel so ecstatic about it!!! Getting to know him is a huge privilege for me, aaaaah!
  • My love for Kenji sprouted like crazy, I swear. And I think that you'd be, too! The way he supported Juliette throughout the book surprised me, I didn't realize that they will have that kind of relationship! I didn't see that one coming but of course, Tahereh Mafi always surprises her readers. I just want to point out that I love Kenji and Juliette's relationship so much!
  • The battle scenes are really awesome, I swear that the action in this book cannot get more thrilling that it already was in the previous books. The main battle scene was so freaking epic, wow, okay, just wow! Juliette is so bad ass. I am again, proud of her. She really changed and I liked the changes. The way she handled Anderson is epic and rad! That's all that I can say. 
  • I also loved the way Tahereh Mafi wrote this book. As I've said she really showed us how Juliette molded herself into a character that we've always expected her to be. The changes are so obvious, the way she speaks, thinks, acts and handles everything is calculated. Plus, Mafi's way of describing the scenes and events can be as vivid as an image. I can honestly visualize everything in my mind without a flaw. Everything is perfect. And of course, her metaphors never fail to amaze us. 
{ With Spoilers // but if you haven't read Ignite Me and Fracture Me then please don't continue }
  • A part of me feels sad for Adam even though he pisses me off a lot. I came to this point where everything he does annoys the heck out of me. He acts really childish and the way he handled the break up is just too immature but I understand that he cares for Juliette. At first, when I haven't read Fracture Me, I cried for Adam's pain. I know that he feels so alone at the moment and losing Juliette would be too much for him to take. I felt that he felt betrayed by Juliette and I kinda hated Juliette for hating Adam because of course, I love him, too. But when I've read Fracture Me, I got to know Adam deeper and how much he didn't care for Juliette at all!!!! HE REALLY DIDN'T. I just can't believe him okay. I didn't realize that he never really loved Juliette. The way he thought about her, the way he, himself thinks Juliette is a monster makes me want to strangle him to death. I know that he's supposed to love James that much but how dare he leave Juliette like that? As if Juliette never really loved him? I'm happy that Juliette chose Warner. TEAM WARNER ALL THE WAY!!
  • Oh Warner. How am I ever going to talk about you without my heart feeling like it wants to do cartwheels? I loved the way he supports her all throughout. I didn't realize that the reason why he was acting like that on the first book was because he really wants Juliette to see what she can do! I never appreciated everything he did until now. Oh, Warner, how I love you. All the realizations and revelations shocked the hell out of me and I fell in love with Warner even more. The way he cared for Juliette so much breaks my heart into tiny emotional pieces. He is so kind. He's like an angel in disguise. D'awww. I don't even know how to talk about Warner without saying that he's an angel or telling that I love him. I loved the ending, how they ended up together like that. Omg, that intense and intimate scene, their first night together makes me want to cry a pool of happiness.
  • My breaks when Juliette and Warner were like in a lovers quarrel. How Warner ignores her makes me want to stab myself. I just want Warner to be happy and I know that restraining himself from Juliette kills him inside. I can feel it that's why I want them to stop ignoring each other already. Whenever they're in the room together makes me feel like I'm reading a contemporary novel or something. They are so cute!!! AAAAH~ 
  • As I've said Kenji and Juliette's relationship is so cool! I never expected them to have that kind of deep relationship wherein they'd get to be best friends with each other. I thought Juliette finds Kenji annoying and vice versa but in this book I can't help but feel jealous over their closeness! And who would've thought that Juliette has a sense of humor? Hahaha, I adore the two! They're the perfect kind of best friends!
  • The battle is cool!! Right? Everything that happened on that scene was so epic I cannot even. I can't believe that Juliette took Anderson down by herself!!! BY HERSELF. Though I've got to say that I'm kinda disappointed to know that Anderson doesn't have any "superpowers" because his children does have, Warner, Adam and James! But I'm satisfied with what happened. Juliette killed him!! AND SHE SHOT HIM TWICE AND SHE WAS LIKE: "I shot him in the forehead. Twice. Once for Adam. Once for Warner." And if that wasn't cool enough for you, I don't know what is. 
  • After Juliette deals with Anderson and she went back to Sector #45 and she can't kind Warner, I started being nervous that I literally scanned the pages and looked for Warner's name. And when I did, relief took over my body and I became so happy that Ignite Me has a happy ending~
  • The ending is the best and breath-taking. Omg ♥
Top 3 Favorite Parts:
  1. OH MY GOD. Do you guys remember the scene wherein Adam told Juliette to leave his house, like he is so freaking mad at her that he wants to literally shove her out of his house and Juliette pressed the pager so many times and a few moments later Warner is already there so worried about Juliette. OH MY GOD YOU GUYS HAVE NO IDEA HOW I FLIPPED OUT! He was like "JULIETTE-- Juliette!! God-- are you okay? What happened? Are you all right?" and then he hugged her so tight!!! THAT FREAKING KILLS ME OKAY! WARNETTE (?) ALL THE WAY YOU GUYS! How can you not love their pairing?! How can you not ship them? Oh God, they are so freaking cute. And then Kenji was like "This is, by far, the craziest shit I have ever seen." Hahahahaha, that moment is so perfect, right? Don't you dare lie! Hahahaha omg my favorite scene, probably. 
  2. I also liked this part wherein Juliette destroyed the weight and then Kenji and company said that she should do it again and Warner said "I'd really rather she didn't destroy all of my property." and they said that Warner can do that too and stuff and then Ian was like " \So the two of you, I mean, together-- you two could basically--" and then Warner cuts in and said "Take over the world?" Hahahaha that is so freaking adorable okay!!!! I literally cracked up while reading that!
  3. And the sweet scenes of Warner and Juliette after they made love was so so so so so cute. They're perfect. Aaaah. I'm lost for words. I just love every moment that they're together. I love every scenes that Warner looks at Juliette as if Juliette is his life. I can't help but fall in love with Warner in every single page of this book. I love Warner, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment