Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi


Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
Last book in the Under the Never Sky Trilogy
Cover rating: 4.5 out of 5
Writing style: 4 out of 5
Story: 4.5 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5

  I'm on the roll with the last books lately, and you don't know how much it hurts me to finish a series of my favorite books. Nonetheless, I have to suck up my fear of losing the attachment to the characters once I've finished reading the series, I realized that they'll forever remain in my heart, probably screaming for me to reread their books again. I find myself constantly missing the characters. Anyway, let's talk about Into the Still Blue! This is the last book in the Under the Never Sky Trilogy; so if you haven't read the first and second books yet then I think it's better for you to stop reading this because you'll be spoiled big time. If you're wondering if I'd recommend the series, um, I'm kinda on the debate if I find the books good enough, but I did honestly enjoyed reading it except I don't think that I involved myself as a whole in the trilogy. But it has a good story! If you're into dystopian, try reading the reviews about this first or read the synopsis before getting into the series. Okay so, stop reading if you haven't read this yet and come back when you do!


   Into the Still Blue is action-packed, and you probably know that by now. Every time a chapter end, something bad or good will happen that will really make you read the next chapter until you realize that you're already at the end. It has a lot of scenes happening, the events are crashing in all together, all at once. With the war, the Tides and the Dwellers in the cave starving, the constant destruction of the Aether storm, the unpredictable weather, Sable and Hess, Aria and Perry, Roar and Perry, Liv and just all those things that's happening all at once make me anxious about everything that's happening. I'm so thankful that Soren is around because he is so hilarious, right?! I never thought that he had that sense of humor in him! It's seriously funny. Especially when Perry was holding the inflatable boat thinking that he'd wear it instead, Soren was like "That's an inflatable boat, Outsider. And if that's what you're wearing, I'm out of this operation." I'm still laughing right now even though I've read this book a while back in March. Soren is probably the most sarcastic person in this book then Roar would be next to that. With all the things going on, it's good to have a good laugh sometime, and Soren (and maybe Roar) never fails to make me laugh. 


  I was so nervous with their plan even though it is a good plan. I saw how Aria progressed throughout the series but she really outdone herself this time. She planned everything and it was a good one. I felt like she thought it through. Aria being the protagonist of the story, I'd have to say that she developed into a character that I've always wanted her to be. She maybe  brave before but she's braver now. She's so kickass! With the way she beat the hell out of Kirra, that's so cool, okay. I never thought that she can fight, haha. And it's so cute that Perry was shocked with what she did-- I, too, was shocked. I'm glad that Kirra died for Roar, maybe that's all her life is about. She was born to die for a main character because she is nothing but a worthless scumbag. I'm glad that Kirra helped them in finding Cinder. Oh.. When they found Cinder.. It's like the life is draining out of him, I couldn't help but tear up inside. He's just a little kid. He is so brave. But I don't want to talk about him right now. So when they saw him, I was so happy, I thought "Omg, thank God they found him, now they can escape!" The plan was going smoothly that I found it strange, but a part of me knows that something will happen. I'm just being hopeful that they could escape without getting into trouble.... Until Roar started running, not thinking about the consequences. I know that I shouldn't blame him. I would've done the same thing. I know that all he wants is to get his revenge from Sable because Sable is a nothing but a pain in the ass. But still, what Roar did was beyond outrageous. Because of him wanting to get his revenge (which won't happen to be honest, let's be practical here if he really did go to Sable alone, do you think he'd be able to kill him? I don't really think so. He'd be killed just by going to Sable) caused them to be caught. But of course, everything went well even though everything after being caught was unplanned. 


  Epic plot twists were all over the book. Like Loran being Aria's dad though I'm not quite impressed with him. I don't think he deserves to be forgiven. I understand that he's swore his loyalty to Sable, but still!!! Aria is you freaking daughter, Loran! You should've helped her. You should've told her that you're SINCERELY sorry that you've been gone for the past 17 years, because I never felt your sincerity. I hated Loran even though he KINDA helped Aria get through Sable, twice. I just don't like Loran, okay. Another thing is Hess helping Aria and her friends overpower Sable. Though it is somewhat a selfish act but I appreciate it of course. He died fighting for what's right, and for Soren, too (I guess). I felt that Hess really loved Soren after all. To be honest, I was sad when he died but he deserves it, after everything he did. I'm glad that he proved that he's not really the main antagonist in the story. 

  
  Aria and Perry's relationship is beyond breakable. I like this couple. They faced problems, life-and-death situations but they're still together, going strong despite all. It makes me happy every time they comfort each other, that everything will pass, that everything will be okay, and that they're going to be okay. I liked them for that. They always support each other, they proved to me that they're not just a lovey-dovey couple, they are meant to be together for they make each other strong. That moment when Aria saw Perry bruised and tortured, she held herself together and fought back the tears. If I saw someone I love looking like that, I would've just sobbed the 10 minutes away. But Aria knew better than that. That scene would probably be my favorite part in the trilogy. Yes, the trilogy. They developed well as a couple in the story. And oh, the Night Crawler, haha they are so cute together! They surprise me every time they exchange jokes and sarcastic comments about each other. They seem like the couple the are always serious and doesn't have the time to joke around that's why I get so happy and giddy inside every time they share a joke. 


   When they were on the way to the Still Blue, I felt really really sad for Cinder. How hard it must be for him to be on a ship that will drive you to your death? Perry was noble to be with Cinder, I really liked that. I'm happy that he didn't left Cinder even though he knew the consequences. I was already crying when he told that to Aria, that he's going to board the same ship as Cinder's. Aria was already breaking inside when she heard it from him. I wanted to hug her and just cry along with her. But she understood that it was the right thing to do. Cinder really don't need to face this alone. I'm getting close to finishing the book when they were already in the Still Blue. I was kinda scared that Veronica Rossi will just fly through the story but everything were weaved well together. I'm already depressed when Cinder died, I was sobbing while reading the book, and then Reef got shot as well as Gren, I already broke down inside. I'm not really fond of Reef and Gren but still, they have been close to me, and I knew how much the characters of the story would grieve for the death of the three, that's why I feel so broken. When Sable chose Aria to be his wife, I thought "Wow, just when I thought Sable is smart." He probably knew that Aria is loyal to the Tides and the Dwellers, how can he be so stupid? It's pretty obvious that Aria would betray him, yet Sable still trusted her. He is stupid and I hate him. I hate him for letting Perry die. I was worried sick when Perry stopped giving his POV's. I thought he was already dead, but a part of me is being hopeful of course. I know that Perry is smart, that he'll find a way not to sink along with the ship. A part of me also hopes that Cinder's going to be with him. When Aria set Soren and Roar free, I was so impressed that she did that so smoothly and she made the right choice to protect the tribe than protect herself from Sable. What bothers me is how the heck did Roar and Soren find Perry. Everything went by in a flash. I was starting to wonder if I missed a page. But it's okay as long as he's alright, I'm satisfied with that.


  The part that I've been waiting for!!! HOORAAY Sable died!!! Their plan was so freaking rad, I don't even know how they succeeded in doing that. It is as if they're reading each other's minds! Along with the Tides! I was so relieved when Sable died but scared when I thought Roar got shot. I thought "Oh no, another sad ending" But when he talked and explained what happened, I literally jumped and hugged the book, just like what I would do to Roar when I knew that he's I alive. The ending was so great. Them in the Still Blue at peace. Naming the town Cinder because Cinder deserves to stay in everyone's mind forever. I was kinda disappointed on one part. That the ending was not Aria and Perry, but Aria and Roar. Nonetheless, I couldn't have asked for a a better ending. It was a good one. And I love happy endings.

No comments:

Post a Comment